Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I suck at keeping up with my blogging! Wow!

Today is Friday the 13th. Started out just as awesome as one would imagine. lol

Well Grayson is done with chemo on the 26th. 13 days! Mmhmm, about damn time!! The crazy thing is, I'm not sure that I want it to come.  It seems as though the closer we get to the 26th of this month, the harder things are for me. I am certain that this is THE hardest part thus far in our journey. When he was first diagnosed, it was new and scary, I didnt know what to expect. During the last 15 months of treatment, he stabilized and there was a small sense of comfort in knowing the chemo was doing its job in pro-longing life. But now we are nearing the end of this chemo treatment and we were told that Grayson's tumor WILL grow again. We dont know when. We dont know if we will catch it in time. The doctors are worried it will grow uncontrollably once chemo ends. <---I obviously have to disagree, screw cancer and screw doctors with their statistics! :)
I am trying to keep myself busy with other things and projects because I am not in control of when my son's time is up. <----Can not believe I even have to think this way, ever, and why the hell should any parent ever need to think this way?! Ugh, I just HATE.cancer!


In other news, did you know they already have school supplies out at Target?! Seems so early, but yes, I did grab some things since they were on sale and I will have 2 in school this fall. They already have the school supply list up too so that helps.

Thats all for now, guess I'll post in another month haha, ok hopefully sooner :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate cancer too. I'm a friend of Dennis and Shannon. My son was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer in March. He's 23. We have made numerous trips to MD Anderson in Houston. On our last trip, they found another lump. Going back tomorrow for a biopsy... I have followed Grayson's story for a long time. I have felt so horrible for Grayson, you, and your family and couldn't even imagine what it would be like to go through this. I know now, though, and it is awful.

    ReplyDelete