Monday, January 16, 2012

If he's anything like me....

Pinned Image




Still kickin!! Just been busy with the kids and been busy straightening things out in my life, one of which was with the college I used to attend. I am thinking of  attending a community college nearby (Inver Hills?), but this is all dependant on Grayson!  It's nice to know that my GPA of nearly 4.0 at my previous college comes in handy when wanting to go back to school at some point =)

Been doing a lot of indoor fun stuffs with the kids lately. I think mainly to keep my own sanity! We've been cooking new things and have started a new diet. Made forts in the living room the other day. FUN!
Also, CaringBridge update on Grayson's therapy appointment today.

~Random tid-bit....
My husband and I picked certain songs for the twins when they were born.....we were listening to the radio one day and certain country songs just became "Emma's Song!" or "Grayson's Song!" and we did this for all the kids. Grayson's song is Anything Like Me-Brad Paisley. We haven't been able to listen to this song in nearly a year. Not since Grayson was diagnosed. Listen to the song if you aren't familiar with it, you will have a better understanding and just imagine having all those dreams for you son, and then finding out he has cancer..... There's been times that we are driving around running errands and the song comes on the radio, instantly flooding us with emotions causing us to both to reach for radio and turn the station! I've added the song to my playlist on my blog in hopes that I will be able to listen to the song and sing along again, thinking of all the things we have to look forward to Grayson doing...............
                                        

2 comments:

  1. We picked out this song for my son also. I have been following your blogs for a while now. I have to say you make me sit back and appericate the little things in life. I can't imagine how strong you are and have to be. I don't know you personally but have you on facebook and you are very inspirational! I pray for you and your family daily and hope that one day I will be able to read and see that precious Grayson has been cured. You teach all of your kids to see the good things in life. So thank you from our family for showing us that no matter how hard things get its best to look at the brighter things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much for reading and following along on our crazy journey ;) Also, thank you for thinking of me as an ispiration!! I honestly don't think I am, but have had many people say this to me...I really appreciate that you think this as well. I couldn't be this strong if I didn't have amazing friends and family backing me up :)

    ReplyDelete