Thursday, December 29, 2011

Real

I love blogging and I love all my readers. Seriously! I love when I get random emails saying that something I wrote about in a posting had inspired someone or simply made them laugh out loud!

Although I write via blog, caring bridge, and facebook, I feel that I hold back sometimes with my true feelings. This is all about to change. I'm taking charge and postings will be exactly like my journals, raw and real!

This whole journey with Grayson has made me change parts of my life and it left me searching for the true and real me. I didn't know who I was anymore. I had so many plans, hopes and dreams for myself and I was truly on the path that I had always envisioned for myself and worked so so hard to achieve. However, this is not the plan God had for me. I was one semester away from my nursing degree, one semester! This was all set aside when I was told my son had cancer. My son and my family is my number one priority in life and always will be, but I do hope one day to get back in the NICU.
For now my life is this, and it took months of getting "used" to. I finally feel like I have found "me" again and I feel a sense of peace with each day. It doesn't mean I don't have bad days or hateful angry days, but for the most part I am happy. I feel God has blessed me and our family.
I was always thankful for the things in my life but never to this extent. If you ever have the opportunity, I would highly recommend taking a walk through a pediatric oncology floor. It will be an experience you will never forget and it will truly change you. Don't take anything in your life for granted!

Ok, enough cancer talk. I'm still a normal 25 year old stay at home mommy and I've recently started taking time into thinking about me and what I want to do in life. I've started building my bucket list! I know, my husband thinks I'm crazy silly, but cute! =) So I will post all about my bucket list soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment