Monday, March 14, 2011

I was going to write last night, but was just too tired. I ended up taking some NyQuil and heading to bed around 8:30. 
But I just wanted to say...dinner was delish!! We are trying to avoid fast food/take-out now as much as possible.  Its super convenient but um, not healthy lol. I'm not saying we wont be eating out in the near future but I will try and make more effort cooking at home :)
Well this is what our frickin awesome delish dinner looked like....


Here is what you need to make this 2:

3/4 box of Penne (or any small pasta)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
Basil leaves
Parsley
cup of white wine (we didn't have wine so we substituted 1/2 cup chicken stock and it worked just fine)
8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb. Shrimp
salt & pepper to taste

Start off by boiling your water for your noodles. While that is boiling, in a sauce pan add 2 tbsp of butter. Cut up your garlic into itty bitty pieces and also chop up your onion finely. Add the oil in with the butter and then add the garlic and onion in. Let that cook down a bit. While that is cooking, your water should be boiling in your other pot so now add the pasta.

*We used frozen cooked shrimp, so right here I opened the package and put the shrimp in a colander and had cool water running over them.

Now, add the chicken stock (or wine) into the onion/ garlic mix. Let that sit a minute or 2 then add in the tomato sauce. Then add in the heavy cream. 

*While this was incorporating, I took the shrimp out, cut the tails off and cut them up into about 1/2 inch chunks. 

Chop up some basil leaves, and some parsley and add it to the sauce mix.
Drain noodles. Throw them into the sauce. Add shrimp to sauce mix also.

Um.....Heaven!
It smelled so delish the whole time I was making it. Then it taste soo dang yummy! This is a must try.

Some things I will change next time are that I will add the whole box of noodles and up the sauce mix a little bit. We have a large hungry family LOL.

But yes, WILL MAKE AGAIN! :)

Wyatt ate all him shrimp...and most of mine :P






2 comments:

  1. looks yummy.... try to check my cupcakes....
    http://challengesssz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you do an awesome job! I think they look great, if you lived closer I would definately be asking you to make me some :)

    ReplyDelete