Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Hopping!

My Favorite Things Blog Hop
Hey everyone, welcome to My Favorite Things Blog Hop hosted by my friend Krystal. She is turning 37 on Monday, March 28th and she thought it would be fun to host a blog hop listing some of our favorite things! How fun!! She is over at http://krystalskreativity.blogspot.com/  This is where the blog hop begins, but if you came here from  http://chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com/ then you are still in the right place. 



I chose to display my flower hair clip tutorial as my favorite. I am a mommy of 3 girls and I just love making these for them. Its so easy and super cute!
Supplies
-glue gun
-alligator clip
-flower (artificial, on stem. You can get this from any craft store)
-3/8" ribbon cut to 4 1/2"

Start off by cutting the flower away from the stem

Now you are going to want to remove the center of the flower and take the rest of the stem out. 


*just pull on it and wiggle the stem a little and it should pop out, if not then cut it as close to the flower as possible.

Next you need to glue the layers of the flower together (gluing around the center is best and some on the petals to keep the "shape")


 As seen above you also glue the center piece in.
Now take your alligator clip...we are going to line it with the ribbon to make it look cute 
Take the alligator clip and clip it onto the ribbon and hot glue around as you wrap the ribbon around it. You may need to practice a bit but this is what you should come out with. 

Almost done....
Now take that cute flower and the alligator clip...
figure out where you want the clip to be placed at (I go in the middle on the big flowers)
add your glue and place the clip on it and hold it there a few seconds.
Make sure you dont go overboard on the glue and end up getting it over the sides of the clip because then you wont be able to open it ;)

Its super cute and I just love having them around for dressing the girls up and its a great photo prop :)
So this is the final product....
<3

Now for a little fun!
Who wants to win this adorable flower clip?!?!?!?
Well here is how you can win it...

You are allowed 3 Entries into the contest
1. Leave a comment below saying why you want to win this beautiful clip
2. Link my blog from yours
3. Head over and "Like" my shop

Good Luck Everyone!!
The winner will be announced on Tuesday March 29th.


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Please leave me a comment!  And now, if you haven't been over to see Krystal's page or you are at the end of the blog hop.. hop on over to http://krystalskreativity.blogspot.com/ and leave her a comment letting her know you have read them all!!

13 comments:

  1. That is TOO sweet! And so is the flower! LOL!

    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. became a follower... What an adorable flower. My 7 yr granddaughter loves hair bows... Prayers for lil Grayson!! and you and your family. Faith is strong!!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Great job.

    iluvkatie74
    at yahoo
    dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. bug@wiktel.com;
    Where's the LIKE button! The big blue eyes on Emma is all it takes to melt my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful family pics! Those hair clip flowers are gorgeous!

    And I just found your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair clip it would look really nice in my three year olds hair!!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous hair clip Jessica! Do you think a 45 yo woman could get away with it :) It looks so sweet on your little one. If I won it, I would have to give it to one of my many great-nieces as my teen girls would probably not wear it, but again they might - they surprise me all the time. Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great flower clip. Thanks for sharing.

    dbjb1519 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flower! I have done liked your boutique on face book and I would like to win this because my niece is pregnant and I just know deep down that its a girl and it would be beautiful on the baby! Thanks and Baby Grayson is in my prayers daily! jnf122@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful clip...all your work is beautiful!
    Your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing their pictures and your son's story. Your family and him are in my thoughts and prayers always. It is so hard as a mom to see your child suffer. Remember you have a whole blogging world out there supporting you and praying for your beautiful son! Stay strong :)

    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your favorite things! Thanks for sharing. Keep the faith!
    ScrappinAnn at gmail dot com
    annlenth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete