Friday, March 25, 2011

Good News/Bad News

Today we got the results of the EEG from yesterday and all is good. The nurse said that everything on the EEG looked normal so he isn't have seizure activity. This is such a relief. Not the answer to some of our big questions, but at least we are starting to get answers to some things. 
They got in some results for the blood work and so far the doctor said he doesn't think its the genetic disorder. But they will need to take blood again. I guess they need to take it a few times to get the main result. 
So, the EEG is good and labs are coming back good...this just leaves the neuro-oncologist now. I don't know what to think of this. I guess a part of me was just assuming something was going to show up in the lab work or on the EEG and magically it was all going to go away and they can just fix him with some medicine.
I don't feel hopeless like one might feel or even like I think I should feel...I have faith. I look at him and he is so happy and that makes me happy. 

3 comments:

  1. I happened to come across your blog and I am touched by your story. Grayson seems like such a sweet little boy and I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't gotten the answers you are looking for yet. Good to hear he isn't having seizures though.

    ReplyDelete